A Gift From The Gods

A Gift From The Gods
Photo By Nicole N, Belgium

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Writer In Progress


It's official.  I have not been writing on this blog on a regular basis and it eats away at me but I have a perfectly logical explanation.  Don't go anywhere.  Hear me out.  I am in the process of writing a novel; Historical Fiction based in Ancient Egypt (Kemet).  I'm excited about it to say the least.  Every chance I get (which is not much in this busy life) I devote to writing this novel. 

I can't reveal too much about it but I will say it has the potential of being epic!  I am following the life of a real person in history and just adding a pinch of my own imaginative flair.  I hope that it will peek the interest of many who have a taste for all things Egyptian but find that their appetites are never really satisfied due to the rarity of good Egyptian inspired fiction that springs from authenticity rather than Party City.  Looking at the high volume of visitors, it just may.

I will drop a few lines from time to time but with a self-imposed deadline of April 4th 2013, I've got to get a move on.  I wish I could hang a sign from my nose or stick one on my forehead that reads, Writer In Progress, so that people I come in contact with would automatically give me quiet time to whimsically word weave.  Or so I wish.  As I get closer to finishing, I will reveal a little more about the novel.  Alright, I'm diving back in, sign on forhead, word weaving tools in hand. 

Illustration from www.thefeatherquill.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo! L.S.

Anonymous said...

I am very excited for you!!

by Lisa and Nicole said...

Thanks so much! It's a challenge to find the time to write but I realize that I have to make that time for something so important to me. Encouraging comments like yours, spur me on!